Fund Development Manager
Henley Street Theatre and Richmond Shakespeare, a nonprofit theatre company in Richmond, VA, is seeking a Fund Development Manager with an established track record of fundraising and development success to lead and expand the fundraising activities of our growing organization. This is a project-based part-time position, paying a total of $15,600 for FY 2014-15 (Sep – Aug), with opportunity for ongoing employment into future seasons and growing into a full-time position.
- Research, create, and guide contact with individual and corporate prospects for major gift solicitation.
- Create and oversee a fundraising plan establishing key goals, performance benchmarks, and strategies, effectively utilizing staff and board resources.
- Source, consult upon, and participate in grant proposals.
- Plan, prepare, and implement mail, social media, and special event fundraising activities.
- Act as staff liaison to the Board’s Fund Development Committee.
- Experience as a member of a fund development team in a nonprofit organization.
- Proven success in development and fundraising through personal and written communication, grants, campaign creation, and oversight, and a range of solicitation methods.
- Experience creating, tracking, and reporting on quantitative outcomes measures such as budgets and revenue goals.
- Ability to manage projects creatively and resourcefully in order to meet critical deadlines.
- Experience and excellent capability with fundraising database software and Microsoft Office products; superior facility in online research.
- Strong team orientation, including ability to collaborate with staff and volunteers, provide and accept feedback, and work effectively with diverse groups of people.
- Must be able to work from home.
- Local travel will be required.
To Apply: Please email resume, cover letter and work samples to: Info@HenleyStreetTheatre.org by August 15, 2014. No phone calls please. Resumes will be reviewed and you will receive a call if selected for an interview. Start date: September 1, 2014.
Become a Henley Street Trouper!
Henley Street Theatre is expanding its opportunities for volunteers with starring roles…
in Production: sets, props, costumes, load-ins & strikes, backstage support
in the “Front Office”: clerical, mailings…
at Performances: box office, ushering, bartending…
in Outreach & Promotion: online to door-to-door, including special “ambassadors” to organizations and neighborhoods…
in Fundraising, and…
at Special Events.
It’s a great way to give back to the community and support the arts by donating your time and talent. Volunteers will receive complimentary tickets for their support, plus we’re planning special events and other ways of recognizing you for your service.